To embrace, promote and model economic, environment, and social practices that respect and improve the quality of life for future generations.
- Red Gold Sustainability Mission Statement
Red Gold is making every effort possible to be environmentally friendly by being good corporate stewards of the planet we all share...we refer to this as Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
- Strive to achieve a zero landfill status by recycling and reusing everything in all of our facilities.
- Reducing and reusing Railcar Corrugated Dunnage and using corrugated that is made up of40% recycled materials.
- Shuttle Fuel Management - Reduced engine idle time saving over 15,000 gallons of fuel each year.
- Reverse Osmosis Systems that save gas and chemical usage for water usage.
- Fork Lift Efficiency - reduced movement at our Distribution Center saves nearly 15,000 gallons of propane per year.
- Variable Rate Technology – Utilizes GPS to allow for the prescribed amounts of fertilizer as determined by soil tests
- Multi-generation family farms – Partnering with farmers year after year who have a vested interest in keeping their farms sustainable and healthy
- Sponsor scholarship program to reward Stewardship and Conservation
- Use tomato seed/peel waste for animal feed
- Use of cover crop during the winter months
- We use packaging with recycled content (cans, corrugate, film, label paper, etc.) that is again, recyclable.
- Mandatory requirements for crop rotation
- Motion Sensor Lighting in Warehouses – lights are activated only when they are needed
- Company-wide implementation of Direct Plant Shipments – Saves 75,000 gallons of fuel each year
- Improved Weight Utilization of Rail Cars & Plant Shuttles –saving over 30,000 gallons of fuel each year
- Replaced some off-site warehouses with on-site warehouses at our plants, reducing diesel fuel usage.
- Auxiliary Power Units installed in all of our Red Gold Semi-Trucks reducing our idle time fuel by 70% – saving 168,000 gallons of fuel each year
- Reduced weight in product containers – reducing our material usage by over 2,000,000 pounds.
- Wetlands projects at Geneva and Orestes - pull heat out of the water we use for processing with the impact of creating friendly environments for over 150 species of wildlife
- Reduced our fleet speeds to 64 mph to conserve energy.